Recipe by shawnajean
For one day abstain from food but drink large quantities of this cleansing cocktail. Its main ingredient, cranberry juice, is rich in Organic acids and anthocycanins, which stimulate liver detoxification. The drink also contains lemon juice and orange. Both are rich in ascorbic acid (vitamin C), an antioxidant that deactivates liver damaging free radicals, improving this organ's ability to excrete fat and toxins by as much as 35 percent.
- 8 ounces cranberry juice (all natural like trader's joe's or r.w.knudsen)
- 56 ounces water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice (fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- natural artificial sweetener
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cranberry juice with water. Bring to a light boil.
- Place cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a tea ball and steep in the liquid for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then stir in oj, lemon juice and steviaplus natural sweetener to taste.
- The above make one day's worth.
- The Plan:.
- Upon waking, stir 2 tbs ground flaxseed into 1 cup of the cleansing cocktail and drink. One hour later, drink 8 oz water. Every hour for the next 12 hours, alternate drinking a glass of juice (no flax) with a glass of water. Before bed, mix another 2 tbs ground flax in the final cup of juice and enjoy.