Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Similar recipes to this are out there, but its such a favorite of mine I just wanted to post it. I never got this from any specific recipe, just cleaned out the fridge on day with things that sounded good. You can add anything to this, but I find it helpful to get a few different types of sausage. I'm not sure just how long this takes as its slightly different every time depending on what I have in the fridge. My husband and I get about 2 meals out of this. Dinner and lunch the next day. It depends if we eat it with something else like salad or bread or just on its own, and how hungry we are. It will freeze as well.
- 6 cups spiral shaped pasta, cooked
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, chopped
- 2 cups brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- italian seasoning
- cajun seasoning
- salt & pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Slice sausage into bite sized pieces. I skin mine ahead of time because I don't like the skin. Cook on medium-high in large frying pan until cooked through. Remove sausage onto plate but do not drain any fat from pan.Turn down to medium heat.
- Chop peppers, tomato and mushrooms into bite sized pieces (approx 1 inch).
- Chop garlic finely.
- Add olive oil to pan along with garlic and sautee for 1-2 minutes. Do not let burn. Add veggies to pan and sautee until softened.
- Add sausage back into pan and mix together. Cook for 5 minutes to let juices combine.
- Add pasta to pan and toss together.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Serve. If you want this for more people, serve with salad or breads. If its only 2-4 can be serves on its own.