Recipe by TammieV
I found this recipe in "The Good Health, Clay Pot Cookbook" in response to a request.The recipe states that you can delate the salt all together if you wish for a low sodium, low fat dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, cut lengthwise into fingers
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak top and bottom of 3 qt clay pot in water about 10 minutes, drain.
- Put carrots in presoaked pot.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour on orange juice, add butter.
- Cover pot and place in cold oven.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Stir carrots and cook uncovered for aditional 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with herbs and toss til evenly coated.
- Serve hot.