Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Based on a recipe from "Electric Bread". Very reliable! Makes a small (one-pound) loaf. Enjoy!
- 177.44 ml warm water (110F)
- 473.18 ml white bread flour
- 4.92-9.85 ml vital wheat gluten
- 14.79 ml powdered milk
- 22.18 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml butter
- 4.92 ml fast-rising active dry yeast or 7.39 ml active dry yeast
- Place ingredients into your bread machine in the order suggested by your manufacturer.
- Operate machine according to manufacturer instructions.
- Recipe can be easily made on regular, normal, rapid, and delayed cycles.
- Make a 1-pound (small) loaf.
Like Annacia, I used this to make Recipe #341651 because I needed 1 lb. of bread dough. I made your recipe on the dough cycle of my abm and then used it to make the cinnamon bread. It was extremely easy to work with and the finished product tasted delicious. I didn't have the gluten and this still rose and baked beautifully with a great texture. Thanks!
I used this recipe to make the dough for Recipe #341651 and it worked perfectly. I replaced the sugar with Splenda and used a healthier margarine for the butter, Other than that I went by the recipe. It made a dough that was very easy to work with, has a perfect texture when baked and tasted great, What else could you ask for?
Used this bread to prepare the stuffing for Thanksgiving. Prepared two loaves.