Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The best way to make pancakes is with a hot non-stick pan, a plastic spatula, and a lid to cover them while they cook, which hastens the cooking process and ensures that the middle won't end up gooey! Heat your over to about 200 degrees F and place a heat-resistant plate inside. As you finish making your pancakes, transfer them to the over so they'll stay warm until you are ready to serve them. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan".)
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and baking powder together.
- Add the milk and oil and mix together carefully uder"just mixed" (if you mix too vigourously, the pancaked won't get fluffy!).
- Portion out about 3/4 to 1 cup of batter onto a hot, non-stick pan or a lightly oiled frying pan and cover with a lid.
- Let sit on medium heat until the center starts to bubble and becomes sturdy.
- Flip pancake over and cook other side until golden brown.
- Repeat process until the batter is gone.
- Garnish with fresh fruit and maple syrup.
One of my favourite recipes from "How It All Vegan!" by Tanya Barnard and Sarah Kramer. Delicious and easy to make and experiment with. After you mix the batter, you can then mix in berries, cinnamon, chocolate chips etc. My favourite is blueberry with powdered sugar on top:)