The best way to make pancakes is with a hot non-stick pan, a plastic spatula, and a lid to cover them while they cook, which hastens the cooking process and ensures that the middle won't end up gooey! Heat your over to about 200 degrees F and place a heat-resistant plate inside. As you finish making your pancakes, transfer them to the over so they'll stay warm until you are ready to serve them. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan".)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and baking powder together.
- 2Add the milk and oil and mix together carefully uder"just mixed" (if you mix too vigourously, the pancaked won't get fluffy!).
- 3Portion out about 3/4 to 1 cup of batter onto a hot, non-stick pan or a lightly oiled frying pan and cover with a lid.
- 4Let sit on medium heat until the center starts to bubble and becomes sturdy.
- 5Flip pancake over and cook other side until golden brown.
- 6Repeat process until the batter is gone.
- 7Garnish with fresh fruit and maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.6
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 948.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 23.8 g