Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I make these in the summer and winter, I broil in the winter, they are nice with beef or lamb.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 small bell peppers, cut into bite-size chunks (red, yellow, golden)
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the marinade ingredients, set aside.
- Alternately thread mushrooms and peppers onto four 10-inch bamboo skewers, dividing equally.
- Place skewers in a shallow pan; pour marinade over.
- Marinate at room temperature 30 to 60 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove skewers from pan; reserve marinade.
- Grill skewers over hot coals about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve hot, brushed with reserved marinade.