Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
French cut green beans are my favorite and this recipe is positively fabulous. I found this recipe about 5 years ago in a cookbook that was dropped off at work and make it often as it gets a lot of requests. This can be prepared ahead and refrigerated overnight. When you are ready to serve this take it out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature and bake uncovered at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with remaining onions during the last 5 minutes of baking time. DELICIOUS!!
- 3 (9 ounce) packagesfrozen French style green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients except 1/2 a can of onions into a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining onions and continue baking 5 minutes longer.