Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fun, different cocktail that you probably won't find at a bar, as most places do not have Clamato juice and/or Squirt soda. I was surprised that there wasn't a recipe on the site yet, so here it is. (I edited the recipe to include muddling the first few ingredients- makes a big difference! Thanks boomette)
- 3 lime slices
- 5 basil leaves, sliced
- 1 -2 dash hot sauce (Cholula tastes great in this!)
- 4 ounces Clamato juice (or Camaronazo)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces carbonated lemon-lime beverage (Squirt or a generic, NOT 7-Up or Sprite)
- ice (as needed)
- Put the lime slices, basil, & hot sauce in a shaker. With a muddler or long pestle, grind the ingredients in the bottom of the shaker for about 30 seconds.
- Add the clamato juice, tequila & ice. Shake well.
- Strain drink into glass with ice and top off with Squirt soda. Mix it a bit and serve.
This is a good drink but I couldn't taste the lime and basil. So maybe it would be better to muddle them at first and then shake it all together. I used chipotle tabasco. Thanks rpgaymer :) Made for PRMR tag game
My DH has switched to drinking Bloody Mary's using clamato juice after we visited some friends this past spring and that's what they used to make the drinks. I ask DH if he wanted to try a drink using the clamato juice and tequila and he was all for it. The drink was made as written, except I missed the basil leaves, but DH said he wouldn't have wanted them anyways. He enjoyed this drink and also now likes Squirt Soda lol!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.