Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very tasty New England chowder.
- 566.99 g bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 slice bacon, chopped
- 2 (368.54 g) canchopped clams, liquid reserved
- 473.18 ml whole milk
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until lightly crisp, 4-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- In the same saucepan over medium high heat, cook the potatoes until tender, about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the reserved clam liquid and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf and lightly mash the potatoes with a fork. Stir in the cooked bacon, clams, and milk and cook for 5 minutes until heated through but not boiling.
- Serve in 4 large bowls.