Recipe by half yank
Found this on Splenda's webpage. It is really really good! Especially if you let it set. It seems to get better and better the longer it sits! I added some pineapple Rum to it, a a tub of crystal light classic orange mix.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was delightful. I used a very light, mild Earl Grey tea, so this ended up looking more like a glass of chilled orange juice. But it is packed with delightful flavors that blend well together to form a wonderfully delicious iced tea drink. We enjoyed this a lot. Thank you for sharing your recipe, half yank. Made for Fall 2011 Pick-A-Chef.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 5 regular-size tea bags
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup Splenda granular, no calorie artificial sweetener
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- classic Crystal Light orange drink mix
- lemon slice
- orange slice
- fresh mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour boiling water over tea bags and mint leaves; cover and steep 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and mint, squeezing gently.
- Stir in SPLENDA® Granulated and remaining ingredients.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with lemon slices, orange slices and fresh mint sprigs.