Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this on Splenda's webpage. It is really really good! Especially if you let it set. It seems to get better and better the longer it sits! I added some pineapple Rum to it, a a tub of crystal light classic orange mix.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 5 regular-size tea bags
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup Splenda granular, no calorie artificial sweetener
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- classic Crystal Light orange drink mix
- lemon slice
- orange slice
- fresh mint sprig
- Pour boiling water over tea bags and mint leaves; cover and steep 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and mint, squeezing gently.
- Stir in SPLENDA® Granulated and remaining ingredients.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with lemon slices, orange slices and fresh mint sprigs.
This was delightful. I used a very light, mild Earl Grey tea, so this ended up looking more like a glass of chilled orange juice. But it is packed with delightful flavors that blend well together to form a wonderfully delicious iced tea drink. We enjoyed this a lot. Thank you for sharing your recipe, half yank. Made for Fall 2011 Pick-A-Chef.
I saw this in the new recipes and thought it sounded so interesting. I made it earlier today, (without the rum, altho that does sound yummy)It is so good, my husband and I can't get enough of it! I had tried the one on Splenda's webpage before, but man! The tub of crystal light classic orange made a major difference. It was better a few hours later. The taste of mint really adds to it, and it isn't too strong, just strong enough to enhance the flavor. Thank you for another wonderful beverage my family can enjoy.