Recipe by GoIrish
A pretty simple recipe to prepare boneless duck breasts. Good flavor, goes well with a wild rice or mashed potatoes.
- 2 boneless duck breasts (skin on)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot (grated)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Score skin side of duck breast using a sharp knife to make criss-cross cuts just into the fat layer.
- Sprinkle skin side with salt and pepper to taste, massaging spice into the cuts in the skin.
- Mix orange juice, lemon zest and ginger in a shallow dish.
- Add duck skin-side down to the marinade and spoon a little over the meat-side of the breast.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, occasionally shift the duck and spoon more over the back side.
- Pre-heat a lightly-greased non-stick skillet to medium-high heat.
- Sear the duck skin-side down, about 4-5 minutes. You may need to cover the dish as the fat will begin to spatter.
- Turn the duck over, and spoon a bit of the marinade into the skillet and over the skin side. Sear flesh side down another 2-3 minutes.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the marinade to the skillet and transfer to oven pre-heated to 400 degrees.
- Cook an additional 6-10 minutes depending on desired doneness. Depending on thickness 6 minutes will be more medium-rare, 10 will bring it closer to medium-well.
- Remove from oven, and transfer duck to a plate. The marinade left in the skillet and be stirred with the duck fat a bit drizzled onto the finished breasts.