Recipe by TXOLDHAM
I saw this quite a while ago on Martha Stewart's show. We love good olives so this is a favorite in our house. This would make a good gift in an air-tight pretty jar for your olive-loving friends! Cooking time is the marinating time.
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 orange, zest of
- 8 -10 ounces olives, such as nicoise, Nyon, Picholine, Kalamata, Bella di Cerignola (about 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine lemon and orange zests with olives, garlic, shallot, olive oil and rosemary. Let olives marinate for 2 to 4 hours at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Olive mixture may be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Let olives sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.