Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I really like this. It is quick and easy to make and really good! I used weight watcher wheat bread because it meets the requirements for her recipe. This 3 slice of bread serving is very filling! I think next time I will just eat the two pieces and maybe a piece of fruit or yogurt, I ate mine just the way the recipe states but, she says to feel free to serve it with sugar free maple syrup, sugar-free preserves, fresh berries, and/ or a squirt of fat-free whipped cream. You can also cut these into sticks if y ou wish. just cut the bread into srtips before dipping into the egg wash.Enjoy! *THIS would not let me add 1 packet of splenda or no-calorie sweetener! so dont forget it, you will need it at the end! :)
- 3 slices light bread (40-45 calories each slice with about 2g fiber per slice)
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- combine egg substitute with vanilla extract and half of the cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon). Use the egg mixture as an egg wash, and dip your bread into it.
- cook bread over medium heat in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, flipping after a few minutes. Once both sides are brown, plate em, and sprinkle with splenda and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
This was quick and easy. Not only that, but my bf thought it was pretty good too. GREAT bang for the buck!
Lovely, quick and easy recipe! I used two slices of low-carb whole wheat bread and 1/2 cup of All Whites, minus a tablespoon that I reserved for another recipe. I thought that was WAY too much egg -- I soaked my bread slices pretty well and still had lots of the egg left over! I sprinkled a lot more than 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon over the cooked slices, along with a packet of Splenda. Thanks for posting!
I found a recipe on this site similar to this one (recipe#113142; it uses egg subsitute for the "coating" and it is SO good! You don't miss the milk or cream at all. I only used one slice of whole wheat bread (organic), used lots of cinnamon & added a Splenda packet. I did enjoy the extra sprinkle of cinnamon on top of the french toast, and spread on some natural peanut butter for extra protein & yumminess. This is a winner for sure! Thank you for sharing this! UPDATE: I just tried to cook this in my waffle iron & it turned out beautifully. It's just as delicious! Just make sure to spray your waffle iron well with nonstick cooking spray so there's no sticking, and coat the bread nicely with the egg batter!