1/1 Photo of Cinnamon-Vanilla Roasted Butternut Squash Seeds
When cooking butternut squash, don't throw out the seeds when you can roast them into these tasty treats. The warm aroma of cinnamon and vanilla fills our home while these roast. They are crispy and have just the right balance of flavors. This recipe calls for butternut squash seeds, but the seeds of any other winter squash could be substituted such as pumpkin, acorn, hubbard, etc. Do note, however, that larger seeds will take a bit longer to roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2Remove seeds from squash and wash thoroughly to remove as much pulp as possible.
- 3Spread seeds onto a work surface covered with paper towels and allow to air-dry for 15-30 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar. Add seeds to mixture and toss until thoroughly coated.
- 5Onto a medium baking sheet, spread into a single layer.
- 6Roast for 40 minutes or until seeds are crisp and lightly browned.
- 7Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before stirring or storing in an air-tight container. The seeds should keep for one to two weeks.
Browse Our Top Seasonal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Seasonal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon-Vanilla Roasted Butternut Squash Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (3 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.9
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 12.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
butternut squash seeds