Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious with a cup of tea or coffee. The original recipe said that this make 64 cookies - in their dreams! I managed to get 35 which is about right when compared to similar recipes.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in the egg, molasses and vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and stir into the butter mixture.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Roll by 1 tablespoon into balls.
- Roll in the coarse sugar.
- Place, 1-1/2" apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven until puffed and crackly, about 9 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.