Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 6 tablespoons reduced fat margarine or 6 tablespoons light butter
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fat free egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place the margarine or butter and the brown sugar in the bowl of a food processor or electric mixer, and process until smooth.
- Add the egg substitute and vanilla extract, and process until smooth.
- Place the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl, and stir to mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the margarine mixture, and process to mix well.
- Stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough onto the sheet, spacing them 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 16 for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool the cookies on the pan for 1 minute.
- Then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Serve immediately, or transfer to an airtight container.
Yummy! I used 3 tbsp red fat margarine & 3 tbsp applesauce. I used 2 tsp cinn & omitted the raisins & walnuts. Baking time was round 8 min. A lightly sweet, cinnamon flavored cookie. Thanks!