Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A cinnamon cake that bakes to the top with a delicious sauce on the bottom. Great served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- Mix cake ingredients together. Spread in 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Reusing the same bowl, combine sauce ingredients.
- Pour over cake batter. DO NOT STIR OR MIX.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 -35 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
A quick and yummy dessert. I found it too sweet and needed something to balance it. Maybe some lemon juice? I will make this again.
This recipe is amazing! The sponge is so soft, and the sauce is quite sweet, but still very tasty. No need to serve it with ice cream, alone is just fine. It smells great while it's baking.