Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Picnics and Tailgates’
- 8 cups milk
- 1⁄2 lb semisweet chocolate or 1⁄2 lb milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- Put the milk, chocolate, and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan.
- Warm over med-low heat, stirring frequently, until the milk is hot and the chocolate has melted completely.
- Transfer to a preheated large thermos.
- Include the cinnamon sticks for a more pronounced cinnamon flavor, or rinse off and dry the sticks and pack separately.
- To serve, pour the hot chocolate into mugs, placing a cinnamon stick in each mug.