Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love Golden Graham cereal so I was delighted when I found this recipe for a trail mix that included them!
- 2 1⁄2 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn, cereal, raisins and marshmallows.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Place in a greased 15 x 10-inch baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250 degrees F for 25 minutes, stir and then let cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
This is a great snack recipe from Taste of Home that our family really enjoys. I often make it for my kids' birthday parties, although they love it anytime. Thanks for posting!
Have had this in my cookbook for sometime and am glad I gave it a try. I was short on popcorn, so used an extra 2 cups of cereal to compensate. Very good, crunchy with small gummy/chewy clumps due to cooked marshmallows. The raisins take on a chewy consistency when cooked as well. I enjoyed this, but someone else might stir in the raisins and marshmallows after baking. The spice mixture here is delicious and just right for a fall snack or party. The only suggestion I have is to serve this just after cooling...I think popcorn is better straight away. Thanks for sharing the recipe!