Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Crunchy cinnamon-sugar snacks like my girls love to get at Taco Bell...yummy for snacks, dessert, slumber parties, football parties, or 'just cause.' Great with Mexican Hot Chocolate! :o)
- Combine cinnamon and sugar; set aside.
- Pour oil 2" deep in medium skillet; heat to 375.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 strips, each approx 1" wide.
- Fry 3-5 strips at a time until golden brown and crisp, turning once.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon mix while still warm.
- Serve immediately.
I had some leftover tortillas and stumbled upon this recipe. i just cut them to strips and dumped them in the deep fryer. they don't take long to crisp and brown so keep an eye on them. I like mine sweet so i put a cinnamon sugar mixture in a bowl, put the crispas in, and shook it up to coat them well.
This was a very good recipe and didn't make a mess like I thought it would. My whole family gobbled them up. I will be making this again soon!
I baked these instead of frying. Spray both sides of tortilla lightly with pam and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and spray again with pam (very lightly, you don't want to blow all the sugar off!). I used a pizza cutter to cut into wedges. Place wedges on baking sheet and bake in preheated 350 degree for about 10 min until they are crisp. Delish and healthy!