Recipe by CookingLaura
A delicious rich chili with a depth of flavor like no other. Excellent for chili dogs or just by itself.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3 -4 ounces tomato paste
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup water
- chili powder
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 3 -4 ounces dark chocolate
- chili bean, if you like I don't add any
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, rinse, drain well add back to pan.
- Add the half can of tomato paste and a little bit of the water to help thin it out.
- Add chili, onion, garlic powders to taste, probably about a teaspoon of each and about a tablespoon of the cinnamon. salt and pepper to taste.
- Add about 3 or 4 tablespoons of brown sugar, I like it a little sweeter so use less if you don't.
- Add the dark chocolate and stir until it melts.
- Add more water to thin the chili, some will evaporate as it cooks.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Let simmer about 30 minutes to let the flavors mesh.
- Enjoy on a chili dog with cheese on top or by itself. It's delicious!