Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the 2005 cookbook, Raw Food -- Real World. [NOTE: The ingredient listed as 'milk' should actually be 'nut milk' & I have posted an easy recipe for that!]
- 3 cups bananas, frozen, diced
- 2 cups milk (actually nut milk ~ see separate recipe)
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender & puree until smooth & creamy.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses & enjoy!
Three cheers for this recipe. I made with two unfrozen bananas, and would recommend chilling the drink once prepared if not using frozen produce. I used almond milk, substituted in honey for the agave nectar and left out the salt, which you'll never miss. Delicious!
I used light soy milk but otherwise kept to the recipe. I really enjoyed the rich frothy nature of the shake and that I could have a shake for breakfast and not feel bad about it :) Pay attention to the bit about tall glasses because for two servings this makes huge glasses.
What a tasty and healthy shake! The cinnamon and almond milk really make this an outstanding shake. Made as written using almond milk. Will be making again. Thanks so much for the post.