1/1 Photo of Cinnamon-Apple Oatmeal
Old-fashioned rolled oats make a hearty morning meal. If you prefer, use dates or raisins instead of or in addition to the dried apples. (This recipe is from the book "The Vegan Sourcebook".)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dried apples
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons organic flax seed oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or 2 tablespoons pecans or 2 tablespoons almonds (optional)
- 1Place all the ingreients except the maple syrup, flaxseed oil, and nuts in a medium saucepan and stir to combine.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Cover and reduce heat to low.
- 4Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- 5Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 2 to 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in maple syrup and flaxseed oil, if using.
- 7Sprinkle one tablespoon nuts over each serving, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon-Apple Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 90.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 7.6 g