Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This breakfast came together for me when I had an abundance of uber-healthful ingredients on hand: yogurt with enzymes, cinnamon and fresh blueberries beaming with antioxidants, omega-3 rich walnuts... try subbing your own choice of fruits, play with amounts, and enjoy.
- 1 cup fruit-flavored low-fat yogurt, such as peach, strawberry, etc. (I use soy yogurt)
- 1 medium banana, ripe, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄2 kiwi, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon walnut pieces
- Pour the yogurt into a bowl. Add the prepared fruit, and stir gently.
- Add several generous sprinkles of cinnamon (I'm a cinnamon fiend) and stir again. Top with walnuts.
The only place I've found fresh blueberries over the past couple of weeks has been Costco, so yesterday I bought a bunch & am using them like crazy! I actually doubled this recipe FOUR times & had a wonderful lunch for 4 of us! The sugar count went up considerably, 'cause I used some candied walnuts that I'd made the day before! Very nice, very quick, very tasty! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the I Recommend cooking game]
A very nice breakfast! I used strawberry yogurt and frozen blueberries. I loved it! Thanks!