Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love fresh corn off the cob. This is a way to use it in a tasty low fat/no cholesterol way!
- 3 cups fresh corn, cut from cob
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- Combine first six ingredients in a 2 qt baking dish; stir well.
- Cover with wax paper and microwave at high for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in tomato, cover and microwave or high for 1-2 minutes or until corn is tender.
Mirjam is right on the mark! The amount of cumin seeds mentioned in this recipe is just right! I made 1/3 of this recipe, and reduced the cook time to 5 minutes and 1 minute respectively. Personally I think this recipe needs a little more cilantro. Otherwise, it's pretty darn perfect, and a really easy and quick side dish. Thanks Tish!
There are two types of people in this world, those who like coriander, and those who hate it. We love it! This is a great side dish, just make sure you use the cumin seeds, I think the same amount of ground cumin would totally overpower the dish. Another keeper!
Very nice! I served this with cheese enchiladas, and it was a lovely, light side dish to serve with a heavier entree. Thanks for sharing this!