Recipe by DailyInspiration
This recipe came from an old magazine clipping. Placing here for safe-keeping.
- 6 large poblano peppers
- 3 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light miso (white)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lime zest, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the poblano peppers directly over a gas flame or under the broiler as close to the heat as possible, turning frequently, until charred all over. Transfer the poblanos to a paper bag and set aside to steam for 10 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, scrape off the blackened skins and remove the cores, seeds and stems. Finely dice the poblanos.
- In a food processor, blend the garlic and cilantro to a coarse paste. Add the poblanos, miso, soy sauce, lime juice and zest; process until a chunky paste forms. Use or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to one week.