Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
from Laughing Planet Café
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 ounce by weight fresh parsley (omit the stems as they are bitter and tough)
- 3 ounces by weight fresh cilantro (stems may be used, they have lots of flavor & are not tough)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- To toast the pumpkin seeds preheat oven to 350. Evenly spread the pumpkin seeds on a cookie sheet. Put them in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Wash the fresh herbs in cool water. Shake well to dry. Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
This is one of the two choices of pestos that come with Soylent Green at Laughing Planet. Tastes same as theirs. Only change I would make is half the salt, cuz it was much saltier than I remembered. I'd have no problem with a bit more cilantro either :) Serve this pesto w/ steamed broccoli, chard, carrots and any other greens on mixed wild and brown rice or anything you like. Thanks much for posting StargazerMG! Awesomeness!