Recipe by StargazerMG
from Laughing Planet Café
Top Review by kundalini
This is one of the two choices of pestos that come with Soylent Green at Laughing Planet. Tastes same as theirs. Only change I would make is half the salt, cuz it was much saltier than I remembered. I'd have no problem with a bit more cilantro either :) Serve this pesto w/ steamed broccoli, chard, carrots and any other greens on mixed wild and brown rice or anything you like. Thanks much for posting StargazerMG! Awesomeness!
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 ounce by weight fresh parsley (omit the stems as they are bitter and tough)
- 3 ounces by weight fresh cilantro (stems may be used, they have lots of flavor & are not tough)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To toast the pumpkin seeds preheat oven to 350. Evenly spread the pumpkin seeds on a cookie sheet. Put them in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Wash the fresh herbs in cool water. Shake well to dry. Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.