Recipe by emmalee1942
This is a recipe I developed and submitted to another website, Chicken breasts are cubed, stir-fried and added to a cilantro, lime juice, honey, and garlic dressing. Serve on a salad of mixed field greens, or over Jasmine Rice. Wrap in a flour tortilla or lettuce leaves for a lunch on-the-go. The prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
Great chicken and very versatile. I took Jociecee's suggestion and added a little olive oil, garlic and cilantro to the marinade and used that as the dressing. It would also be great hot with rice and vegetables.
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1⁄2 inches thin strip lime peel
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 chicken breast, no skin, boned, cubed
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the lime peel strip, soy sauce, and chicken cubes. Place in a resealable plastic bag and marinate 1 hour, or longer.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Stir-fry the chicken cubes in the olive oil, until opaque and slightly browned.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir in the chopped cilantro. Mix well, pour over the chicken.