Recipe by gailanng
A great condiment to temper the spicy foods of India or Greece. Wonderful sauce for stuffed pita pockets, too.
Top Review by awalde
This sauce is really delicious. I was lucky to have enogh cilantro in the freezer. Mint I have still a small quantity... but the winter is coming soon!
I used a very thick Turkish yogurt that after blending turned out quite liquid. Next time I would blend only a small quantity with the herbs and add the remaining yougurt folding it under the spiced one with the fork.
Would fit as salad sauce as well. I recommend this for Middle Eastern dishes!
Thanks a lot!
- 473.18 ml cilantro leaves
- 236.59 ml mint leaf
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt (Greek preferred)
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cilantro, mint, jalapeño, garlic, cumin and lemon juice and puree to a paste. Add the yogurt and puree until smooth. Season with salt. Allow at least an hour for the flavors to meld.
- Make Ahead The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.