Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Real Simple November 2001
Make and share this Cider-Roasted Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beets, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 lbs parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby carrots, peeled or 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 lb shiitake mushrooms or 1 lb cremini mushroom, cleaned and stemmed
- Heat oven to 450°F
- Place the vegetables in two small roasting pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, oil, and vinegar.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat well. Cook until tender, about 1 hour, stirring halfway.
- Add the mushrooms during the last 10 minutes, toss to coat well, and finish roasting.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Made for Thanksgiving 2010. Easy and delicious and very beautiful presentation.
Great recipe! I didn't have any parsnips, so I substituted a chopped onion, and it added great flavor to the mix of vegetables. I cut the recipe down quite a bit to 2 beets, 1 onion, 2 carrots and about 5 mushrooms. I wasn't sure who this would translate into weight, so I cut the sauce down to 1/4, and it seemed to be plenty. My version made 3 servings and was great leftover too.