I love sweet potatoes and this is wonderful. Points 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook sweet potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until halfway cooked, (a knife inserted into center will encounter resistance), about 5 minutes.
- 2Drain and cool.
- 3(This step can be done 1 day ahead if sweet potatoes are covered and refrigerated.)
- 4Combine cider, sugar, butter, nutmeg and allspice in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- 6Add potatoes and reduce heat so liquid is simmering.
- 7Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Add cranberries and continue cooking until liquid is reduced to a syrupy glaze and potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 9(If the glaze becomes very thick before potatoes become tender, thin it with a small amount of cider.
- 10When potatoes are tender, transfer to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12Pour remaining glaze over sweet potatoes and serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cider-glazed Sweet Potatoes With Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 53.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g