Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I use strong decaf coffee because I can't find decaf expresso. It works just as well! Adapted from the Culinary Institute of America.
- 1 cup espresso, cold (or strong decaf coffee)
- 1⁄2 cup coffee ice cream (or vanilla ice cream with 5 tsp. instant decaf coffee granules mixed in)
- 1⁄4 cup ice
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place espresso, ice cream, ice and milk in a blender or food processor and secure lid.
- Process for 20 seconds, untill smooth.
- Serve at once in chilled tall glasses garnished with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Well all I can say is....this is amazing. I now have to sleep in the backyard in the hammock for about 1 hour. This is so delicious, you will think you are dreaming. And then you should go take a real nap. I followed this exactly. I added one (1) chocolate chip to the top (hee - hee) This was so terrific, Sharon. I am glad I spent the afternoon with Cia's Cappuccino Smoothie. I used decalf also. No, not deCALF, decaf. Sorry, I have been on the farm to long. A winner for sure, Sharon. March 2010
Delicious coffee drink. I made this exactly as written for 17 yo DS and myself, he loves the starbucks drinks. After making it and tasting it myself, I knew it wouldn't be sweet enough for DS, so I poured some out for me and then added some more ice cream and then added some chocolate syrup. I topped it off with some whipped cream and cocoa powder, per DS's request, rather than the cinnamon. I enjoyed it as written and DS enjoyed his with the additions. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR!!