Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have never liked cranberry sauce before. This year though, I have discovered that I like dried cranberries. So I decided to come up with a cranberry sauce that I can like. You can put in the raisins and the cranberries or one or none. It is up to your taste buds! For my tastes, I put in both. :) **Update Mar 30/08 - After the last time I made this, I threw the leftovers into a jar and popped it into the freezer. Then the next holiday, I just set it on the counter for the afternoon. Dumped some out for dinner and threw it back into the freezer. It was just as good the second time around as it was when it was made fresh.
- 1 1⁄2 cups marmalade (Sugar free works well)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can orange juice concentrate (Five Alive works great)
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries (about 3 cups)
- Mix marmalade, juice concentrate, raisins (and dried cranberries if using) and cinnamon stick in a saucepan, bring to boil.
- Add cranberries, return to boil.
- Lower to simmer and cook until cranberries pop and thicken, about 8-10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
Great sauce, & with the taste of orange, rreally GREAT! I did use 1/4 cup each of the raisins & cranberries but other than that, followed the recipe! Really liked the addition of orange marmalade, too! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]