Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this recipe in 500 Fabulous Cakes & Bakes, but I adapted it slightly. It's full of nuts and chocolate yum.
- 175 g chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light muscovado sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- vanilla essence
- 1 cup hazelnuts, slightly crushed
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 160c gas 3. You need 2 baking trays, measure and cut to size 2 greaseproof paper sheets, then greas them.
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a low heat (DO NOT USE the microwave for this), remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the egg and sugar together until creamy. Gradually add the chocolate mixture. Add the dry ingredients and vanilla essence. Finally add the nuts and choc chips.
- Drop heaped tablespoons of the mixture on the sheets approx 4-6 on each tray and flatten spaced well apart. Bake for 8-10mins. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly on the tray before transfering to a wire rack. If they're not cooled on the tray first they will break.