I used a mix of cauliflower from the gardenia mix, broccoli and boccoflower for a contrast of color. I quickly blanched the broccoli and broccoflower heads very quickly (just seconds) in salted boiling water and the chilled to brighten the color!You'll need Styrofoam cone and toothpicks. I also used a platter that has a center with with a dip basin which is not really needed.
- Place foam on platter.
- Using toothpicks secure lettuce on foam just to cover.
- Starting with the largest broccoli and broccoflower heads place on foam starting at the base and work your way up securing with toothpicks.
- Push 1/2 the carrots randomly into the foam.
- Take the rest of the veggies cut into small pieces and fill in the empty spots and brighten up the tree. Using toothpicks only IF needed.
- Mix the remaining carrots with the juice from the carrots, remaining vegetables with the juice from the gardenia mix and place around the base of the tree.
- Top with the star.
- Serve with a dip of choice.