Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is good with soups and stews..just delightful! Change the cookie cutter shape for the appropriate holiday..quantity depends on cutter size
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- parsley flakes
- parmesan cheese
- preheat oven to 350*.
- using a food processor, mix cheeses, flour, butter, salt and cayenne pepper till blended.
- add water and mix rapidly till dough leaves the sides of bowl.
- divide dough into thirds and roll on lightly floured surface to 1/8" thickness.
- cut out with Christmas tree cookie cutter, or similar holiday cutter --
- place on ungreased cookie sheet, brush with beaten egg, sprinkle with desired amounts of parmesan cheese and parsley flakes.
- bake for 8-9 minutes and then remove to racks.