Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came out of a magazine. I have not tried it yet but it looked so cute that I'll make it soon.
- 2 (6 ounce) packages strawberry gelatin
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup red decorator sugar
- 1⁄4 cup green decorator sugar
- 2 ounces slivered almonds
- Blend together the gelatin and condensed milk.
- Add coconut and vanilla; mix well and refrigerate until chilled.
- Roll into small balls and shape into strawberries; roll in red sugar crystals.
- Dip fat end into green sugar crystals.
- Place an almond sliver into the fat end for a stem.
- To prevent hardening, store in an air tight container until ready to serve.
This is the recipe my great-grandmother used to make. These are easy, different, and look beautiful on a Christmas Cookie Tray.