Prep 13 mins
Cook 3 mins
Here is a REAL treat for you Diabetics!!!!!! jUST TRY IT OUT FOR YOURSELF.
- 1 pear
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar substitute
- 4 drops food coloring
- 1 (1 inch) stick cinnamon
- Peel and core Pear.
- Cut in half.
- Combine Water, Sugar Replacment, Food Color and Cinnamon in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, add the Pear, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn Pear several times to completely color.
- Remove with slotted spoon.
- Serve Hot or Cold.
I love pears and this was a perfect side dish with Christmas dinner. I used fructose (fruit sugar) instead of regular sugar and omitted the food coloring. It was perfect as it was but next time I might add more cinnamon stick to the mix. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I anticipate making this every year for Christmas from now on!