Recipe by LorenLou
They've become a habit at Christmas time, but are good any time of year!
Top Review by Trish Za Dish
Add ketchup to the sauce. (about 1/2 cup) It makes it even better. I've never known anyone who could keep their hands off this one. Soak the toothpicks in water prevent them from burning. And make plenty!
- 680.38 g thick sliced bacon
- 2 (453.59 g) can water chestnuts
- 78.07 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each bacon slice into thirds.
- Wrap one bacon piece around one water chestnut, skewering with a toothpick to hold together.
- Combine soy sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Dredge each water chestnut in this mixture, placing on jelly roll after dredging.
- Place under broiler, turning after a few minutes, until bacon is evenly cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Time will depend on how close your tray is to the broiler.
- You may also do small batches in a toaster oven.