Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Looks like fun for DD and me. From northpole.com Prep time does not include chill time.
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- peanuts (halved)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) jar red cinnamon candies
- 144 inches thin red licorice, 4 yards, cut in 3-inch pieces
- Beat applesauce and peanut butter at medium speed with an electric mixer; gradually add sugars, beat well. Combine flour and soda, gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; pinch one end of each ball to form a point (mouses nose. Press the other side slightly flat. Place flat sides on ungreased cookie sheets with cookies 2 inches apart.
- Gently place 2 peanut halves in dough for ears. With wooden toothpick, make 1/2 inch deep hole at tail end. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes, remove cookies from oven. Place cinnamon candies for eyes and bake an additional 1-2 minutes or until brown. Remove from oven, insert licorice tails and cool completely on baking sheets.