1/6 Photos of Christmas Holly Treats
Upper Crusty's Note:
Someone brought this in to work and I thought I could copy it without a recipe, and did! Have never worked with marshmallows before, WOW (suggestions appreciated)!! Work fast, it's hot! Hint 1: Buy generic corn flakes at the $1 store! Hint 2: If the "berries" don't stick on the "holly", put the cold holly in the microwave for 20 sec. (on waxed paper) and then add the berries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a 3 quart saucepan on Low.
- 2Add the marshmallows and melt completely - keep stirring.
- 3Add the green food coloring - keep stirring.
- 4Lower heat to Warm.
- 5Add corn flakes and mix until they are all green.
- 6Drop by teaspoons onto waxed paper to create the "holly".
- 7While each holly is still warm, add 3 Red-Hots as the berries (see Hint 1 at top if berries don't stick).
- 8Repeat until all the holly is on the waxed paper.
- 9Let cool and remove from waxed paper. Put on a party plate and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Holly Treats
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 85.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: