1/1 Photo of Christmas Eve Mice Cookies
Chris McD's Note:
These are cute! Takes about an hour to make alone but more fun to do with a friend.They might just be to cute to eat. This is a no bake recipe. Dip the cherries and put the cookie half next to it, then set both pieces down together add the kiss and press into the cream of the cookie filling. I got this from Taste of Home years ago. Its a family favorite. Lovely when added as that special touch to a plate of cookies. Santa like them too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 double stuffed cream filled sandwich cookies
- 236.59 ml simisweet chocolate chips
- 9.85 ml shortening or 9.85 ml butter
- 24 red maraschino cherries, with stems well drained (drain on a paper towel)
- 24 milk chocolate Hershey chocolate kisses
- 24 perfect sliced almonds
- 56.69 g package red decorating gel
- 56.69 g package green decorating gel
- 1Carefully twist cookies apart; set aside the halves with the cream filling. Save the plain halves for another use.
- 2Melt chocolate chips and shortining in Microwave (about 50-60 sec.) Stir until smooth.
- 3Holding each cherry by the stem, dip into the melted chocolate. Place on the cookie and add the kiss, pressing the kiss into the cream of the cookie base. Set the covered cherrie slightly off center, with the tail extending over the edge.
- 4For ears, place the slivered almonds between the cherry and the kiss.
- 5Refrigerate until set.
- 6Pipe green holly leaves on the cream and add red berries. Pipe red eyes on each chocolate kiss.
- 7Store in air tight container at room temperatue.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Eve Mice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.7
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 4.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red decorating gel
green decorating gel