Recipe by internetnut
My family loves these baked beans. I get requests to bring these baked beans to gatherings. I came up with this recipe when I tasted the canned beans and decided Grandma Brown needed some help. This recipe easily cuts in half. I've used both on separate occasions regular brown sugar and Splenda brown sugar and these beans turn out great either way.
- 10 slices bacon
- 32 ounces grandma browns baked beans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup splenda brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook bacon until lightly browned but not crisp.
- Allow to cool.
- While the bacon is cooling place the beans in a big bowl.
- Add the brown sugar.
- Chop in small pieces all but 4 slices of bacon set the 4 pieces aside for later use.
- Add the chopped bacon to the bowl.
- Mix all together and pour into a 9x9 square baking dish.
- Top with remaining 4 slices of bacon and bake for 1 hour.