Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great as a quick-fix main dish meal, or serve cold as party fare.
- 1 (19 ounce) canchunky new england clam chowder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3 -4 green onions, thinly sliced,including tops
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In mixing bowl, combine chowder, eggs, cheese, onions, parsley& pepper.
- Blend well.
- Set empty piecrust on baking sheet on extended oven rack.
- Ladle chowder mixture into crust.
- Carefully slide rack back into place.
- Bake 1 hour or till set.
- Cool 10 minutes before slicing (or cool, cover& refrigerate till chilled).
I had my doubts about this one... but being snowed-in, having few ingredients left in my cabinets, I decided to give this a try. What a surprise! A light, lovely quiche that even my "real men" ate without compunction! Polished it off in no time. I've gotten experimental with this since that time. Yesterday I made this, and substituted Manhattan clam chowder for the New England, and spiked it with a little salsa for kick. That, too was just great. Thanks, Ambassadress, for an easy, delicious mealtime fix!
Quick and easy and very tasty!