Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe by Ann Contag from the "From the Governor's Pantry" cookbook, Lind House Association in New Ulm, Minnesota, July 1988. The book is dedicated to the many volunteers who had donated their time, talents and money to restore the John Lind home. The recipe called for "1 large package" chocolate chips, so I am not sure if that is 12 ounces or 16 ounces.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- Mix the first three ingredients and spread in jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While warm, spread chocolate chips over.
- Melt peanut butter, brown sugar, milk, and marshmallows in a double boiler.
- Add chow mein noodles and mix.
- Spread over top of cooled bars.