Recipe by revathii
this is a simple recipe. nice and bland. It contains dal and vegetable. It goes well with roti and rice.
- 1⁄2 cup green gram (moong dal)
- 1 chayote, peeled and cut in cubes (chow-chow)
- 1 big tomatoes, cut finely
- 3 green chili peppers, cut finely
- 7 -8 garlic cloves, cut finely
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, for garnishing
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a pressure cooker put dal, chow-chow (chayote), tomato, turmeric, salt and water. close lid and cook for 4-5 whistles. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- 2.Heat a deep curved pan, pour oil, add mustard, cumin. when it starts spluttering, add curry leaves, green chilies, garlic and saute for 1 minute then add the cooked dal and vegetable.Give it one boil.
- 3. Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice or roti.