Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm relatively sure these would kill you if you deep fried them... and while I guarantee you'd die happy, I also figure that the "fat busting" rumors about my foreman grill have to be good for something.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove all the membranes and seeds from each half and set aside.
- Mix the chorizo sausage with the cheddar cheese (you could use turkey chorizo or another spicy sausage in place of chorizo, if you prefer).
- Roll the chorizo and cheese mixture into balls (about ping-pong ball sized) and fill each jalapeno half with sausage before wrapping with a slice or 2 of bacon.
- Stick a toothpick through the bacon and jalapeno to keep the whole thing together.
- I cook these for about 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees on my foreman grill -- or until the peppers are soft and the bacon is crispy. You can also place them on greased cookie sheet in a 375 degree oven until, again, the peppers are soft and the bacon gets crispy.