I'm relatively sure these would kill you if you deep fried them... and while I guarantee you'd die happy, I also figure that the "fat busting" rumors about my foreman grill have to be good for something.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the peppers in half and remove all the membranes and seeds from each half and set aside.
- 2Mix the chorizo sausage with the cheddar cheese (you could use turkey chorizo or another spicy sausage in place of chorizo, if you prefer).
- 3Roll the chorizo and cheese mixture into balls (about ping-pong ball sized) and fill each jalapeno half with sausage before wrapping with a slice or 2 of bacon.
- 4Stick a toothpick through the bacon and jalapeno to keep the whole thing together.
- 5I cook these for about 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees on my foreman grill -- or until the peppers are soft and the bacon is crispy. You can also place them on greased cookie sheet in a 375 degree oven until, again, the peppers are soft and the bacon gets crispy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers With Added Queso Content
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 850.7
- Calories from Fat 681
- Total Fat 75.6 g
- Saturated Fat 30.1 g
- Cholesterol 157.5 mg
- Sodium 1798.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 36.7 g