Chorizo-Crab Stuffed Calamari
- Juice one lemon in a small bowl. Place calamari tubes in the lemon juice.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine chorizo, crabmeat, egg, almond meal, pinch of salt and shallot until blended. Place mixture in a plastic storage bag and cut off a corner. Pipe mixture into the calamari tubes. Seal off the ends of the calamari using toothpicks.
- Heat a grilling pan (or grill) on medium-high heat. Brush the stuffed tubes with preferred oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Cook for approximately 7-8 minutes on each side until the internal temperature reaches at least 160 degrees.
- While this is cooking, place crushed tomatoes and raw honey in a small saucepan. Add a pinch of salt if desired. Stir and heat on medium until warm.
- Spoon tomato mixture on a plate. Remove toothpicks from calamari and arrange on the plate.
- Garnish with optional herbs.