Itzhak Perlman praised this recipe as almost as good as his mother's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the livers in half the fat until they are no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes.
- 2Remove from the pan and add the onion and the remaining fat.
- 3Saute the onion until golden.
- 4Grind the liver-onion mixture and the eggs using a coarse blade on your grinder.
- 5Add the crispy fried skin and tiny pieces of crunchy friend chicken fat if you wish.
- 6Add salt and pepper.
- 7Serve with toast points or crackers.
Browse Our Top Chicken Livers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chopped Chicken Liver Spread
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.6
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 506.6 mg
- Sodium 112.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 22.6 g